Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85

Thread: How did you get to start reading yaoi?

  1. #71
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow~.... pretty hot topic >.< Took me some time to get through all those replies too -.-"

    Yeah, I'm a little late, since I'm new to the message Board... bare w/ me...
    Hm... My first Yaoi/Shonen-ai Experience was about beginning of grade 8. My friend told me that there was the pretty good webbie and that the contents were VERY bad... -.-" I had no idea what she was talking about and so she gave me the URL [all this happened at a skating rink] so I went home and checked it out. It was basically a fanart webbie of Gundam Wing [My favorite anime] and most of the art revolved around Heero and Duo... Pretty mild stuff if you ask me, but at that time, I was like SOO freaked! But yeah... I started reading Gundam Fanfics and pretty soon, the inevitable happened and i stumbled over a yaoi fic... ever since then... Yaoi has been pretty much part of my life... though no traces of it could be found on my Computer. I never keep any Yaoi fanfics... and the worse thing you can find is Hanakimi.... If my parents found out... I dont know WHAT they'd do... My entire family is majorly homophobic and so are most of my friends, so i generally keep it to myself [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    But I'm not sure if my mom knows... She DID walk in on me one time when i was at this website where *ahem* pop-ups kept on coming up.. and she was bringing me milk and cookies, lol. I dun think she saw tho... but that was like major shock for me, Don't want that to happen again... Yeah, when I read.. I always have my hand on Alt+F4... closes the window ^_^V

    wow... long... gomen..
    Yuy Ren

  2. #72
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    arggghh!!! i hate pop-ups, they've made a pact with the devil to torture me!! LOL

  3. #73
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pop-ups are indeed spawns of evil and corruption, decidedly set on revealing our secrets to parents and friends...
    It's interesting though how you evolve these defensive strategies (hand hoovering over Esc, Alt+F4 etc.).
    I always get a kick out of going into my sister's room and seeing her hand twitch and click the mouse so the window closes (it's not like we don't read the same stuff, obsess about it, and talk about it, but she might think I'm one of our parents, or something). It's funny how she blushes ^.^. This was yesterday:

    me: Whatcha reading...?

    her: NOTHING! And don't slam the door open like that, you almost gave me a heart-attack!

    me: there was sex wasn't there?

    her: *alternately blushing&grinning* there was NOTHING

    me (persevering): Come ON, now I know there was some hot mansex!

    her: fine fine, there was in the FIRST chapter, but I swear, nothing in this one!

    me: @.@ sure

    her: I SWEAR!

    Yeah, yesterday was fun...

  4. #74
    Inactive Member ShadowDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really don't remember anymore, so this is probably missing a lot of details...

    I'm pretty sure though that I first found Gundam Wing fanfics while looking around. I read them but didn't really look into it any father. Then I came across Kouri & Karasu's fanfiction site and that got me hooked.

    With manga the first I ever got was Tokyo Babylon. Of course I need more so I kept searching until one day I came across Sakura-Crisis and got Boys Next Door. Then I just kept getting more, and more, and more.

  5. #75
    Inactive Member SnowFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel your pain. I hate it when I find doujinshi or manga and it's not translated....the sadness...*weep* I need to learn Japanese....

  6. #76
    Inactive Member aramaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    MY YOUNGER BRO AND SIS FRIKKIN KNOW THAT I READ YAOI!!! the 'revelation' came during the christmas day...-.-;;;

    I accidentally left my portable USB (where I store ALL my yaoi/shounen-ai manga scanlations) CONNECTED to the comp...and I went off to fetch my friend for about half an hour...and,and...the rest are history... T__T

    they rummaged through it to find other manga scanlations ( such as bleach and fullmetal alchemist ) and guess what...I'm really "smart" to have blatantly named the folder "yaoi/shounen-ai" heh... *bangs head against the wall*

    I guess they won't tell my mom or dad... but there is a small chance that they'll tell my elder bro TT__TT and when it happens... they'll blackmail and tease me without mercy...

    lemme die in peace.............

  7. #77
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dude, that sucks. But you know... maybe its not all bad... do you have some dirt on them that they wouldn't want to be teased about? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Yeah... I'm an only child, so the only people who can find my scanlations are my parents, and they hardly ever rummage through my stuff... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member
    How did you get to start reading yaoi?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My brothers and my parents too know that I watch/read yaoi and shounen-ai and other forms of hentai (my parents are a BIT more in the dark though...)

    My bros only ask that I don't make them suffer through watching it

  9. #79
    Inactive Member
    How did you get to start reading yaoi?


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got started in reading Yaoi because of one of my online friends. He's blantantly gay and I don't really remember if he first sent me links or if he only inspired me to search for it... Or maybe it was because of My on-line comic addiction and comics like Arcana... I don't know anymore... I've only recently found yaoi scanlations here... most of the stuff I find isn't translated...

    But I've decided. I'm going to be a boy in my next life so I can be gay!

  10. #80
    Inactive Member Verykawaiineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    awww poor yakitori...*offers you sympathy*..but anyway since i got a new comp for x-mas im really happy..dont you just love Windows xp...(actually not) but its privacy for paranoid freaks..namely ME..but it has the switch user option so you can keep everything running on your profile such as downloading and crap but other people cant get to your stuff...really i was really happy and ofcourse the mandatory *make all my files private* tab..soo im wodering ive read this yaoi manga called "colors" a while ago but it was in chinese and whatnot and my reading skills..are..mediocore..so does anyone know where i can get this scanlations in english??*offers a virtual pocky*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •